SETTING THE CODE FROM THE CODE LIST [DIRECT CODE ENTRY METHOD]
- Find your device brand. Some brands have more than one code in the listings. You may need to repeat the following steps, trying several of the codes until you find the code that works with the Remote and your device.
- Turn on the device you want to program into the Remote.
- Aim the Remote at the device and press and hold the Code Search Button until the LED Indicator Light turns on and stays solid red. Release the button.
- Press and release the Device Select Control button for the device that you are programming (CABLE, TV, VCR, DVD OR SAT). The LED will blink once, then remain solid.
- Enter the corresponding 3-digit code using the number keys. The LED will blink as each number is pushed, then remain solid. You must enter the 3-digit code within 30 seconds. If, after entering the code, the LED turns off, then the remote has recognized the entry. Go to the next step. If the LED flashes, the code is not recognized and you will need to repeat steps 3 - 5 for the next code in the list, or use one of the following alternate methods to find the code with the remote. The remote may recognize the code but the device may not. You may need to try more than one code to get the device to function.
- When the LED has turned off, meaning the Remote has recognized the code, press ENTER. The LED will flash.
- Press the Device Select Control button (CABLE, TV, VCR, DVD OR SAT) that you programmed. The LED will blink once.
- Press the ON/OFF button. If the device you are programming turns off, you may have found the correct code. Press the ON/OFF button again. If the device turns on, you have found the correct code. If the device does not turn back on, this is not the correct code and you will need to try again with a different code from the list or use one of the other following methods to find the code with the remote.
- Use the Personal Code Reference chart at the back of this manual to record your codes for easy reference.
FINDING CODE WITH THE REMOTE
- Manually turn on the device to be controlled.
- Press and hold the Code Search Button until the LED stays on. Release the Code Search Button.
- Point the Remote at the device and press then release the Device Select Control button (CABLE, TV, VCR, DVD OR SAT) to select that unit.
- Point the Remote at the device and press and release the ON/OFF Button. The LED will flash once, each time you press the ON/OFF Button. Keep doing this slowly until the device turns off. It may take up to 300 times to reach the correct code since you will be searching through all the codes.
- When the device turns off, immediately press and release the ENTER button to store the code for that device.
- Press the ON/OFF button and the device should turn on (this ensures that the code was properly stored in the remote for that device).
- Test all other buttons on the Remote to verify they work properly. Note: When the Remote is set and no keys have been pressed for fifteen seconds, the Code Search feature will automatically turn off.
USING THE REMOTE
- Since the Remote controls more than one device, you must “tell” the Remote which device you wish to operate. If you wish to operate your TV, you must first press the TV key to put the Remote in the TV mode.
- The Remote will stay in the selected mode (such as TV) until it is changed. If your Remote is in TV mode, you must change the mode to operate other devices like DVD, VCR, satellite receiver or cable box. For example, if the Remote is in VCR mode and you wish to turn off the TV, first press the TV key before pressing the ON/OFF Button.
ON-SCREEN MENUS-ACCESSING AND SELECTING MENU ITEMS
Many devices have on screen menus to help you navigate through their features and functions. Although this remote can not access every menu setting of every device, it does allow access to some device’s menus.
- To use a device’s on-screen menu system, first turn on the TV and the device you want to access.
- Press and release the TV button to access TV mode.
- Press and release the INPUT button several times to toggle through the video sources until the TV is selected.
- Press and release the Device Select Control button (CABLE, TV, VCR, DVD OR SAT) of the menu you wish to access.
- Press and release the Menu button. The LED will blink, indicating you are in Menu mode.
- Use the Volume and Channel control buttons to navigate through the on-screen menu system.
- To make a selection from the on screen Menu, press the MENU, OK, INFO, and then ENTER keys to select the highlighted item.
Note: If the Remote does not respond, make sure the LED light is still blinking. Remember, it times out after fifteen seconds. If this happens, press the Menu Button again and retry selection.
- The Remote automatically times out of Menu mode after fifteen seconds without a key being pressed. Once this happens, the Remote will clear the displayed menu from the TV.
- If you wish to exit the menu yourself, press the corresponding device key on the Remote (TV, DVD, VCR, etc.) The LED light will turn off.
This feature allows the TV to turn off automatically after a specified length of time. It can range from 1 to 99 minutes.
Note: The Sleep Timer only works if you are programmed to your TV mode and have the Remote aimed at the TV.
- To program the Sleep Timer, first press and release the TV Button.
- Press and hold the Sleep Button for five seconds. The LED light will turn on.
- Release the Sleep Button.
- Using the number keys, enter the desired time in minutes (from 1 to 99). To set the Timer to a time that is under ten minutes, press “0” and then the desired number (“05” for five minutes.) The LED will blink with each pressed key.
- Once the second number is entered, the LED turns off and the Sleep Timer is now set.
- Leave the remote aimed at the TV. Once the Sleep Timer is set, you can continue to use the remote without affecting the Sleep Timer. However, because the timing mechanism for the Sleep Timer is built into the Remote itself, the remote must be in TV mode and pointed at the TV to activate the Sleep Timer.
Note: If you press any key other than the numbers, they will be ignored. You will have ten seconds to program the Sleep Timer, otherwise the LED will blink four times and exit the program.
- Be sure to leave the Remote aimed at the TV. Once the Sleep Timer is set, you can continue to use the Remote without altering the Sleep Timer. Remember that the Remote must remain in TV mode for the Sleep Timer to activate.
- To cancel the Sleep Timer, press and release the Sleep Button and the ON/OFF Button. This will reset the program to zero. The LED will flash, stating the time has been reset to Zero.